Re: Mumstown on LMFM today 2.30pm – cost of entertaining kid

Home Forums Louth Chat Mumstown on LMFM today 2.30pm – cost of entertaining kids! Re: Mumstown on LMFM today 2.30pm – cost of entertaining kid

Taylor5

I cant see how people would spend 750 per child for the summer, maybe its the people who dont have the money spending, but certainly wont. My childhood summers were like Scoles, other than the Zoo, Bray and the RDS Horse show ALL our days out were FREE DAYS. I have sent ds to 2 summer camps and he is booked for a 3rd and was looking at another one today, but they are great value and keeps them active

it was mountain hikes with the dogs and a picnic, we would climb trees, walk mountain streams, fall, twist ankles… but it was the best fun ever.

I buy a block of Aldi icecream, cones and raspberry sause 99c in aldi… i can make an Icecream a day for the family for the cost of 1 99 cone from the icecream van. Aldi icepops are great value too.

When we do the Zoo its done on the Tesco vouchers, trips to dublin on the open top bus (tesco vouchers) and we do the Museums ALL FREE.

I we have stunning beaches, mountains,forests, lakes and rivers a good pair of shoes and your gone for the day. A well packed car with change of clothes, wipes, plasters, sugar boost snacks (for after their day out) and a well stocked picnic. We bring rolls, snacks, fruit, juices, crisps…. so we dont have to buy a thing.
There are days were you have to spend more like trips to W5 in Belfast or the Liffey splash, but its all about ying and yang, save where you can but still have fun, then spend what you have to spend for good days out, its all about balance.

Movies we do movies@swords pre 1pm tickets are 5e, i bring Aldi microwave popcorn in freezer bags, free parking… so all we spend other then entry ticket is the Drinks

I always have treats and snacks in the car ie lollypops, jellies… just for a little treat and it doesnt cost money, other then buying the treats at a good price in my shopping, rather then rip off prices when out and about

Another tip i would recommend with a few mums, we dont do coffee mornings out, we take turns and kids play and coffee free… Another great tip book a bouncy castle between friends, we book castles 55e from Eurobounce and we split the cost, so you get a days play for all the kids for less then 10e