louth – very dangerous roads

Home Forums Louth Chat louth – very dangerous roads louth – very dangerous roads

Anonymous
Inactive

Just came home from Drogheda to Clogherhead and the roads are in a serious condition. They don’t appear to be gritted at all. The only clear bit of road was where some people gritted the area around the bridge in Termonfeckin and the bend in that road. It was honestly the most frightening car journey I have made……last week the weather was worse but at least the roads were looked after to some degree. It is a disgrace. I crawled home, never going over 20mph and even at that was really scared. I’m confident driving in bad weather conditions but so aware the car can loose control at any instant. However, tonight, given the condition of the roads made the journey ludicrous. I will not be sending my children to school tomorrow if the roads are not gritted….it is far too dangerous. If I can’t drive on it safely with some degree of confidence then I wouldn’t expect a school bus driver to either. Another day lost at school, not due to snow etc. but to no grit. 👿 As long as its only a school day lost and not a life.