Wrong fuel in car!

Home Forums What’s New on Mumstown? Wrong fuel in car!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ajordan

Ok something happened to me today which I thought would never happen – I put petrol into my diesel car!

So let me share with you my new found knowledge in the event this ever happens to you:

1. If you cop it in time do not start the engine or drive the car
    2. I called the guys in Gormanstown Tyres, (AKA GT Group), they called out and picked me up – whole sorry affair cost me €145 not including the €57 worth of unleaded I used to fill my tank!
    3. You can also call the guys in http://www.wrongfuel.ie who by all accounts come to you and do the job on the spot for about €200 ex vat

Hopefully this will prove useful at a time you need it most!

Jedt
    Keymaster

l think its something that could easily happen to a tired, sleep deprived parent!

thanks for sharing the tips on how to deal with it Alma. Glad you got it sorted.

scole1

ohhh it happens and thankfully you didnt start the car…i worked in the motor trade and wow the damage it can do….glad you got sorted, expensive mistake to make but it happens and i bet you will never do it again… but on the upside the silver lining your car is ok…

Jedt
    Keymaster

oh dear, what a nightmare!!

Yvonne

Happened me once – couldn’t believe I done it.. amazingly I drove home from the garage, to work the next day, back home and to a friends house when it finally stopped – no one could believe it drove so far with petrol in it. Cost about €300 to fix!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.