IVF – ways to increase chances?

Home Forums Conception, Fertility, Multiples, Adoption & Fostering IVF – ways to increase chances?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Friends of mine are going through IVF and have just unsuccessfully finished their 3rd cycle.

It is heart breaking and soul destroying for them and I was wondering, for anyone who was TTC and had success, were there any things you did or could recommend for them that might increase their chances of success?

Fabienne

Reflexology, I heard can increase the chances.
    My friend Moonflower here can talk about it. She also is a brilliant reflexologist. Send her a pm.

Fabienne

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its crushing for the couples who are going through this. So sad for them so anything that can help improve their chances is worth a go

munchin
    Participant

I did reflexology with moonflower when I was ttc dd2 – I swear it worked for me – moonflower also follows the angels and had a candle lighting for me one morning and I had to pick a stone and carry it with me around ovulation – funny it was the month I wrote off as we were going on holidays with my in-laws BUT I took the stone with me and I carried in my jeans pocket as instructed and low and behold it turned out to be our month after all.
    I know I wasn’t in the same position re the ivf but I do believe in the reflexology and as yousay anything that might help is worth trying. The reflexology is also great for time out – time to distress etc – my sister used it as a way to distress when she was having a lot of trouble in work – it was her refuge so to speak
    The very very best of luck to your friends x

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thats great, thansk munchin. I love reflexology myself – must say that to then. They are in such a bad place at the moment 🙁

Mark Acu

Hi Sabbi this is a situation I work with almost on a daily basis and it is a truly heart breaking one for the couples.
    IVF is an amazing concept and many babies would not be on this earth without it and for that we are grateful. However can be a very mechanical process. The clinics are fantastic at what they do but the area they fall on is emotional support. That’s where Acupuncture and I can come in and help.
    Through my treatments I work on building the client up emotionally and physically looking at all areas of their lives not just the obvious menstrual cycle route. Western medicine tends to put people into groups whereas Chinese Medicine looks at you the individual and helps figure out what works for you. The process of IVF is one where many couples feel that they are on an out of control train where they have very little control. I help the person find and take some of that control back as in working with their nutrition, sleep, stress and emotional needs to help them feel more involved and an active part of the process.
    Below is a like to a piece on Ireland AM last week this guys name is Gerard Kite and he absolutely hits the nail on the head with his outlook on Acupuncture and how it can help. His concept on treating clients and mine are the same. It is well worth a few mins of time to take a look.
    http://www.tv3.ie/ireland_am_video.php? … ideo=76731

As always if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask
    Mark Acupuncture
    http://www.MarkBellAcupuncture.com

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting that Mark. As most of you on here know, I am a big fan of what Mark does. I had never tried acupuncture until I had a miscarriage a few years ago and my period was coming every 2 weeks for ages afterwards and I was a physical and emotional wreck. I had some sessions with Mark and within 6 weeks, my cycle was back on track and to this day, I am convinced the treatments I had with him helped us to conceive our daughter. Definitely something to try for anyone stressed with TTC.

I have recommended this to my friends already – they are in such a bad place and I hope she will go see Mark and maybe try some reflexology. If it even helps her de-stress a little it would worth it for that alone.

Mark Acu

Hi Sabbi
    Thank you very much for your kind words : )
    I always laugh when I think of the day not so long ago you came into the office and I met you in reception as a lady was leaving. You had Junior with you and were saying how Acupuncture helped you and that it helped her arrive etc.
    There was a new girl on reception and her eyes nearly fell out, 😯 😯 I could hear the cogs in her head thinking what the heck does he do up there. 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there, I wanted to share with you a site that I am using to calculate my ovulation period and it can also help conceive women easily as long as they do not have any complications with their body, good luck. http://www.ovulation-predictor.org/

magicmoon

acupuncture for sure and look at tips w*w.thehealthsite.com/pregnancy/dos-and-donts-during-ivf-treatment-d0116/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.