Fertility Clinics in Ireland

Home Forums Conception, Fertility, Multiples, Adoption & Fostering Fertility Clinics in Ireland

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone

Can anyone recommend a good Fertility Clinic in Ireland. We were thinking the Sims Clinic, but i have read some reviews tonight and its put me off.

Any Help would be Fantastic.
    thank Everyone. xxx

Siobhan

Jedt
    Keymaster

Have you looked into Napro? That’s getting a good reputation for fertility success nand might be worth a look. There are a few clinics in Ireland now, think Navan & Galway.

Here is a napro thread you can read to give you some ideas: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5753

you can post something on that Napro thread and get some info on there hopefully

HTH and best of luck. x

siobhanj1

Hi Sabbi,

Yes ive tried Napro in Galway Clinic and i think its probably very good, but given my history with surgery, i got a feeling i may need now need something more aggressive!. Or at least maybe find out the right direction to take.

When we attended the Galway Clinic, my colitis just always seemed to get in the way. Be good to try it once more, now i am up and running again….LOL..

How are you? I haven’t been on here for a while,so out of touch with everyone.
    Always so difficult to know what to do for the best results.
    Take care
    siobhan

Jedt
    Keymaster

It might be worth a try – chickpea & moonflower both went through alot and tried napro and moonflower had her baby last year and chickpea is now almost due her baby after a very long road which is such good news – we are all very excited for her!!

I had surgery myself a few years ago and only have one ovary (had multiple surgeries for ovarian cysts, the last one I had removed was the size of a grapefruit and they had to open me up and take part of my ovary with it). This was before we had babies and the doctors said our chances of having babies could be seriously hampered because of it.

I actually said to my then fiance, that he could not marry me if he wanted because I knew he wanted a family but he said no, he knew we would be having children and did not want to worry about what the surgeons had said.

Much to our surprise, we came home from our honeymoon pregnant and have been pregnant in total 6 times in the past 10 years. Sadly, we lost two along the way but have 4 healthy, high spirited children here now. Our 1 year old is about to fling porridge at me and is a real little charachter but she is also the light of my life!

Hang in there, do your research, stay positive and try lots of things. Reflexology, acupuncture, napro and whatever else you can do and if you can, get away with your partner for a mini break, lots of couples are successful in conceiving when they go away and are stress free. we have 3 holiday babies here!!

Personally, I found acupuncture worked great for me – Mark Bell in Drogheda is really fab, he has helped lots of mums I know get pregnant. He helped me get my cycle on track and really helped us when we were trying to get pregnant with our daughter, Summer.

Keep chatting, there is lots of support for you on here. If you feel down, annoyed, frustrated or anything and need to vent, doit here. This is what Mumstown is so good for.

Best of luck and keep us posted. x

siobhanj1

Hi Sabbi,

Thanks so much for your reply. Wow, you sure have been through alot and fabulous how everything worked out for you.

Yes i was in touch with Moonflower, i was so delighted when she had her little boy. Chickpea, also went through alot. Well hubby and i were just chatting tonight and we think we will most probably go with Napro again.

When reading on the fertility clinics, there medication really isn’t any different to Napro, ie. HCG shots and oral meds. I never had a problem getting pregnant, but i could never retain it. always miscarried at 7 weeks, thats why Mr Boyle thought my problem was hormonal and of course my colitis always got in the way.

We’re ringing Napro Clinic tomorrow, so i guess my journey may begin.

Thanks so much again Sabbi, Really good of you to tell your story. Always good to read something positive.

Chat soon
    xx

munchin
    Participant

best of luck siobhnaj1

Jedt
    Keymaster

Let us know how you get on. It’s not easy but you are not on your own. You can chat, rant, question and whatever else you need to on here. Happy, sad, frustrated – we don’t mind, we’ve all been through many of these emotions ourselves on the path to motherhood.

Best of luck. 😉

siobhanj1

well Folks,

we had our appointment in galway on 9th May, Dr Boyle seemed positive and even thought i may not need any treatment, as my cycle seemed to be much better now i no longer have colitis. who knows!!

Just to be on the safe side, he has started me on Femara and hcg injections, i will also go once a month for ultrasound to check follicles. i need that reassurance, going forward. Thankfully i am not thinking about it like before, so maybe thats a good thing. Will keep you posted, i am however dreading bloods, you would think at this stage that is nothing to stress about.

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories…
    x

Jedt
    Keymaster

Please keep us posted and if are having a bad day, come on here for a rant. Lots of support for you here – you are not on your own and when you feel happy, sad or just good old pissed off, you can let it all out here.

Best of luck. x

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Siobhan,

We moved this topic in to the conception section for you. That is dedicated to fertility & conception issues and may be a better area for this topicto be for you.

Best regards,
    Admin.

MaryE

From what i hear, I think sims is the most advanced clinic in ireland. Ireland is still way behind the uk & usa. I went to Hari ( at Rotunda hospital) myself & lucky they worked for me, ive two beautiful children but i know Sims has a better success rate then Hari.

Unfortunately the success statisticsfor fertility treatment is not very high, so you will never have all happy customers. Some people are bound to be disappointed& not happy with the service they got.

mrschamps

I am another success story with Dr Boyle. Our ds was born on 1 November last following 6 heartbreaking losses. I suffer from IBS and part of my treatment involved food intolerance testing. I also have anticardiolipin antibodies which caused my blood to clot. I was on a lot of treatment but it worked this time 😀

Alexia

Hi Everyone

Can anyone recommend a good Fertility Clinic in Ireland. We were thinking the Sims Clinic, but i have read some reviews tonight and its put me off.

Any Help would be Fantastic.
    thank Everyone. xxx

Siobhan

My husband and I have been trying to become parents for 4 years, but to no avail. Do you know any clinics near Dublin? Thanks.

Raquel22

Hi, I’ve been married for nine years and I can’t get pregnant. I’ve already seen several gynaecologists and the problem seems to be that I have bad quality eggs. My husband and I are thinking of going to a fertility clinic. I’ve heard of Institut Marques and its high success rate. Is anyone familiar with it?

Jedt
    Keymaster

havent heard of that one. is it for egg donation?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.